Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Trailer Time - Cowboys and Aliens (To Be Released: 29 July 2011)



The first trailer for John Favreau's 'Cowboys and Aliens' looks surprisingly good and certainly features some promising components. Daniel Craig leads a strong cast including Harrison Ford, Olivia Wilde, Paul Dano and Sam Rockwell. The only thing that concerns me is the script. Credited to four people, two of them attract me and two utterly repel me. On the side of good are Damon Lindlof, one of the key creators of 'Lost' and Ron Howard. However the film is also credited to 'Transformers' 1 & 2 screenwriters Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. 'Transformers' 2 was the worst film I have ever paid to see, and I paid to see AVP 2. I can (and do) blame Michael Bay for that film, but I feel the script itself was abysmally poor. So much so, I will remain cautious about this film until it hits theatres.

(UK Release: Unknown, looks like August 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment