Sunday, May 03, 2009

Poster Post: The Brothers Bloom (To Be Released 29th May)


I know alot of people who really loved 'Brick', and I certainly did enjoy it, but I don't think I saw the masterpiece the world raved about in 2005. It was a fun high-school noir-caper, which had moments of brilliance, but ultimately took itself too seriously. Director Rian Johnson has spent four years preparing his follow-up, this time staring Adrien Brody as one half of the flamboyant con man team, 'The Brothers Bloom'. The synopsis sounds like Johnson ended up with too much money too fast, but I really dig this poster and have high expectations for the film. The most bizarre/encouraging nugget to be gained is that, so-far, this sounds nothing like 'Brick', meaning Johnson is more than a one-trick pony or has moved too far from the idea space that made him a success in the first place. We'll just have to wait and see. (UK Release Unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment